Friday, July 15, 2016

#LindsayToLondon

Well, I had to say my last goodbyes this morning to my dear friends in Manchester. Needless to say, there were a lot of tears on my end. I hate goodbyes in general, but knowing that I've left some really amazing people who will be on the other side of the Atlantic is really heartbreaking. Plus, I quickly grew to love the city of Manchester itself. I'll be back, though. There is no way that I wouldn't go back.

Yesterday was kind of a blur, but it was a remarkable day. I got to go with a group of people from Ivy on a prayer walk, which I have never done before. My friend and I walked around and asked people if they needed prayer, and while most people said no, there was one man who did talk with us and pray with us for probably at least half an hour. His story broke my heart, and while he didn't accept Jesus during our conversation, it definitely sounded like he will continue to process it. It truly was a powerful experience, and it gave me a lot to pray about as well. 

When I got back from the prayer walk, we had the Eden prayer meeting, which is always a cool experience. My host and I picked up her twin boys from school after, and we went for a walk through Chorlton and by the River Mersey. I went straight to the café afterwards for Youth Café, which was sad since I had to say goodbye to some of the teenagers. I've really enjoyed spending time with them these past couple of weeks. Not long after Youth Café, I had to say goodbye to my first host (which made me cry) and then say some more goodbyes to the Eden team at Grow Group (which also made me cry). We had a great talk about Ephesians chapter 3, which is one of my very favorite passages of Scripture, but I hate goodbyes, and I think it really hit me at that moment that I was leaving.

This morning, I caught the coach bus to London. After a five hour coach trip, I was clearly exhausted, and I was not super prepared as far as knowing where to find my Tube station to meet Rachel. I had to wander a bit and got a little freaked out right before I found it, since there are a lot of public transport places around the Victoria area and I wasn't brought to the place I thought I would be by coach. Regardless, I found it, and as soon as I got off of the Tube at Westminster and got to ground level, I saw him in all of his glory - Big Ben!! Rachel found me shortly after and brought me to our hotel, which is magnificent. They even gave us bath robes, which both of us are probably way too excited about.

We walked along the Southbank area of the River Thames to an amazing pizza place that Rachel highly recommended, and we also got to walk past the Globe theatre and Tate Modern. After eating (which basically caused me to momentarily hate myself since I definitely devoured all of my pizza), we took a walk across Millennium Bridge to peek at St. Paul's Cathedral, and ended up taking a detour back to the hotel. We ended up seeing quite a bit of London that way and got to pass through Trafalgar Square as well. London really is an incredible city, and even taking a little peek at some of the things we'll be seeing later had me really excited.

Tomorrow's Itinerary:
Big Ben (again ;) )
Parliament
Westminster Abbey
Trafalgar Square (also again ;) )
National Gallery
London Eye 

Please continue to pray for Eden Merseybank, Ivy Church, and also pray for the man we prayed with yesterday!

Blessings,
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment